Designed by "Splashgear", the Resort Shirt has a relaxed look and feel compared to the Island shirt. Based on the surfer rash guard shirt design, it has a longer cut (mid-thigh length), looser fit, and a shock cord at the waist that should be tightened via the cord lock for security in the water to prevent riding-up. It can be loosened out of the water for more modesty. The cord can be stored in the front of the shirt in its own 'button hole' opening so that it doesn't dangle and tangle! Side slits provide a more comfortable fit for this tunic-style shirt. Contrast stitching coordinates with the current Splashgear line. Available in 4 colours as shown above: Black, Purple & Ocean Blue, and Navy(not shown).
Made of 100% polyester knit Chloroban® chlorine-resistant fabric with flatlock seams for comfort, this shirt requires that a one-piece bathing suit or tankini be worn underneath. May also be worn over more tight-fitting clothing such as a wetsuit or lycra skin suit (may need to purchase one size larger). Recommended for use with the Resort or Sport pants.
Because of the looser nature of this shirt, the lower part of the shirt will float in the water. That is why the waist MUST be tightened before entering the water to prevent the shirt from floating too high and exposing the torso. Please ensure that you are wearing a one-piece bathing suit or tankini underneath the Resort shirt and that the waist is tightened before entering the water.
* Made of lightweight and quick-drying 100% polyester knit
* Manufactured using chlorine-proof Chloroban® fabric--same fabric used in Speedo® and Adidas® competitive swimwear
* Constructed with flatlock seams for comfort
* Front panel of shirt is double-lined for extra modesty
* Fabric provides UV protection (see table below)
* Color-coordinated Splashgear logo on upper left corner of shirt
* Comes in several slimming two-tone color combinations to coordinate with the "Splashgear" hair covers and swim pants
UPF Range Fabric Range UPF Range
Ocean Blue 35-40
Tested using the AS/NZS 4399:1996 protocol.
NOTE: Because of the loose-cut nature of this shirt, the drawcord waist must be tightened before entering the water to prevent the shirt from riding up and exposing the torso.