What/who is Chickpea?
<a name="whatwho"> </a>Chickpea is a vegan quarterly that focuses on independent artists, writers, and vegans and vegetarians from newbies to old pros. We love great stories, whole foods recipes, discussing food and food politics, and supporting small business and handmade.
This shop includes our print and digital paid issues, advertising spots for future issues, and lots of handmade goods to help you in the kitchen and around the house.
We print locally with a three-person company, <a href="http://www.pixelpreserve.net/">Pixel Preserve</a>, and hand make and ship all of our items ourselves.
• <a href="http://sewindie.com/">Cara</a> is art director, designer, head photographer, and web designer for all things Chickpea.
• Bob does all order organization, email support, USPS mailing, and advertising & wholesale support.
More about us:
<a href="http://chickpeamagazine.com/">Our Website</a> / <a href="http://chickpeamagazine.com/stockists/">Stockists</a><a name="location"> </a>
Where does this store ship from?
Rochester, New York. We ship exclusively through USPS, except for select wholesale orders.
If you live in Rochester NY or its close suburbs we can set something up so you don't have to pay shipping. Just contact us!
We also sell Chickpea issues in many stores around the country - check our stockists page to see if there's one near you!<a name="returns"> </a>
What is this store's return and exchange policy?
There are no returns or exchanges of chickpea magazine issues (physical or digital) once they've been shipped. Ad spaces are also non-refundable.
If you would like a return/exchange BEFORE shipment, contact us as soon as you can and we can figure it out.
All other items that are not magazine issues may be exchanged within 30 days of the shipment date.
PLEASE MAKE SURE TO CHECK YOUR SHIPPING ADDRESS BEFORE ORDERING - we ship items to the shipping address that you gave Paypal. We cannot give refunds to items that have shipped to an address given incorrectly to us.<a name="intl"> </a>
Do you accept orders placed outside of the US?
We sure do! Those living in Canada and abroad should expect a longer shipping time than those living closer to us. International orders do not include tracking or confirmation. Any possible customs fees are the responsibility of the buyer. We cannot mark your order as a "gift" - it's illegal, sorry!<a name="shiptime"> </a>
How long will it take to receive my order?
All orders are a little bit different, so if you have a pressing engagement (say, you're moving or need it as a gift) let us know and we can give you an accurate timeline.
Regular US orders take, on average, 3-10 days to arrive to you from the date of purchase. Regular Canadian/international orders take, on average, 10-20 days.
Pre-orders of magazine issues take a varying amount of time, as we send our order to a (great!) printing company and need to work on their schedule primarily. Usually, we start a pre-order period that lasts two weeks. Once that ends, we take that money and our files to the printer, they print for 1-2 weeks and give us the finished issues. We'll then organize and package the issues which takes 3-5 days, then send them out through a standard bulk shipping which takes 3-10 days to arrive in the US; Canadian and international customers should expect a 10-20 day shipment.<a name="separate"> </a>
I only received one of my items, where are the rest?
This should only apply to those who pre-ordered a magazine issue. If you're missing an item and haven't pre-ordered, contact us and we'll quickly rectify it.
Because we ship with a bulk mailing permit, we are forced to ship items in equal weights. If you pre-ordered a Chickpea issue, and also ordered other items, you'll receive that issue separately from your other items. Often, we'll ship the additional items first and ship the pre-order when it's finished, which could be a week or two later. If you're unsure, just contact us and we'll let you know the exact whereabouts of your order, but we promise, it's on its way! :)<a name="preorder"> </a>
What's the advantage of pre-ordering?
We need pre-orders to keep our overall printing & shipping costs down for everyone. Without it, we wouldn't be able to print issues at all.
You should purchase a pre-order if you can! Besides helping everyone else get a cheaper rate, which is a nice feeling by itself, you also get lots of discounts for yourself. When you purchase a pre-order, you get 15% off the regular price of your issue, PLUS 50% off the regular shipping price.<a name="cost"> </a>
Why do Chickpea issues cost so much?
There are many reasons for the cost of our print issues.
1) It costs a lot to print small runs. The more people buy & subscribe, the cheaper we can sell them. We’re currently building a base of stores that stock our issues, helping us cut our costs for the future. Our customers are also growing month by month.
2) The length of our issues, the paper quality, and the binding quality cost more. We use sustainable materials, and our issues will last you a lot longer than your average Teen Vogue.
3) We don’t have advertising!! This is the main funding of any magazine - and we don’t want to have it in our print issues. We hate blatant advertising, and we think the people who appreciate Chickpea hate advertising too.
4) Major companies have deals with printing & shipping houses - it costs hundreds of dollars just to get a bulk rate permit, something we don’t yet have. We’re working on it.<a name="consignment"> </a>
Do you do consignment deals?
We work with wholesale rates only right now. Email email@example.com to set something up.<a name="backorder"> </a>
I see that one (or more) of your issues is sold out. Is there any way to order a back issue?
Yes! <a href="http://eepurl.com/mYcjT">Head here</a> to be notified when we have specific issues available.<a name="multiple"> </a>
Can I get a reduced rate on shipping if I'm buying multiple items?
Yes! We try to keep our shipping prices as accurate as we can, but our items all weigh so differently that it's hard to give you the best deal with the system we sell on. Contact us to get a super accurate shipping price.
If you're ordering over 3 issues of Chickpea, you may be eligible for our wholesale rate. Contact Bob at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.<a name="stockists"> </a>
Where can I find you in stores?
• <a href="http://noochveganmarket.com/">Nooch Vegan Market</a> - 3360 Larimer St., Denver, CO
• <a href="http://www.parkandvine.com/">Park & Vine</a> - 1202 Main Street, Cincinnati, OH
• <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pages/Voulas-Greek-Sweets/198335153562849">Voula’s Greek Sweets</a> - 439 Monroe Ave., Rochester, NY
• <a href="http://rootsmkt.com/">Roots Market</a> - 5805 Clarksville Square Drive, Clarksville, MD
• <a href="http://rootsmkt.com/">Roots Market</a> - 16800 Georgia Avenue, Olney, MD
• <a href="http://www.shopterrain.com/">Terrain</a> - 914 Baltimore Pike, Glen Mills, PA 19342
• <a href="http://www.shopterrain.com/">Terrain</a> - 561 Post Road East, Westport, CT 06880
• <a href="http://www.thebrooklynkitchen.com/">The Brooklyn Kitchen</a> - 100 Frost Street, Brooklyn, NY 11211
• <a href="http://www.curiosityvintage.com/">Curiosity Vintage</a> - 56 1/2 Queen St Charleston SC 29401
• <a href="http://www.readingfrenzy.com/">Reading Frenzy</a> - 921 SW Oak St. Portland, OR 97205